This delicious coconut curry soup can be served chilled or warm; either way it tastes amazing! You’ll be warmed from the inside out through the potent combination of spices within this recipe: galangal ginger, curry, chili, and garlic. Savory and sweet at the same time with that perfect kick!
- 1 young Thai coconut (the flesh and water of, about a cup of flesh and 1 1/2 cups of water)
- 1 thin carrot, cut in chunks
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1.5 tsp galangal ginger ( if you don’t have galangal ginger, you can use 1 tsp fresh ginger)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 Thai chili pepper, mined (these can be quite spicy so start with less if you don’t want it spicy)
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers, julienned to form noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup water (more or less to desired consistency)
- (optional) 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- (optional) 1 medjool date, pitted
- Fill a medium size bowl with the sliced vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber noodles and cilantro).
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in the blender. If you want warm soup blend for about 2 minutes, otherwise blend until creamy, pour over vegetables and serve room temperature. Garnish with cilantro.