Are you ready to make the ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls with just 7 ingredients? This recipe tastes just like ‘Snickers’ chocolate candy bars – only free of the guilt or sugar hangover. Soft chewy peanut butter balls drizzled with raw chocolate sauce & a sprinkle of salted peanut crumble…
Peanut Butter Balls (aka Vegan ‘Snickers’ Cookie Dough)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for at least 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- water, as needed for binding
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder, sifted
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 – 1 ½ tablespoon hot water
- Salted peanuts, finely chopped (natural peanuts, coconut oil, sea salt)
Peanut Butter Balls
- Put the rolled oats and cashews in a food processor fitted with an S-blade and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates. Process until finely chopped and well combined.
- Add the peanut butter together with sea salt to taste. Process again.
- Add a little water to bind the ingredients. You’ll know the dough is ready when it comes together into a ball.
- Shape the dough into small cookie dough balls. Put them on a plate or tray covered with parchment paper, and place them in the freezer while you make the chocolate sauce.
- Melt your coconut oil on low heat until it’s liquid.
- Pour it into a mixing bowl together with the maple syrup and cacao powder. I like to sift the cacao to remove any lumps.
- Give them a good stir until you’ve got a smooth chocolate ganache.
- Add some warm water to turn the chocolate ganache into a sauce.
- Drizzle each peanut butter ball with raw chocolate sauce and sprinkle with finely chopped salted peanuts. I used natural peanuts and lightly toasted them with some coconut oil and sea salt. (RFR tip: you can also sub in raw peanuts or jungle peanuts)