Who doesn’t love a deliciously chocolatey raw truffle? This recipe by Lisa Viger of Raw on $10 a Day or Less also happens to be completely healthy for you! Made with whole almonds and raw cocoa, and sweetened with only dates, this is a little chocolate somethin-somethin you can feel 100% guilt-free about sinking your teeth into. If you love that alluring combo of chocolate and orange you will love these. Enjoy!
2 cups almonds
1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
Cocoa powder for rolling
1) In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the almonds until finely ground. This takes about a minute.
2) Add in the pitted and chopped dates, cocoa powder, vanilla and orange extract.
3) Process again until the mixture begins to clump together.
4) Using a tablespoon, scoop out even sized balls, and roll between hands to shape.
5) For the final finish, roll each truffle lightly in cocoa powder.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes about 24 truffles.