Don’t let their looks deceive you, these Chocolate Mint Slices contain a minimal selection of ingredients that are pretty easy to come by, and are easy to put together. Creamy peppermint and rich dark chocolate – you can’t go wrong with this heavenly duo.
Adapted from a recipe in Vegan Cuisine ]
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- Scant 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cups shredded coconut
- Scant 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-4 drops peppermint essential oil
- To make the chocolate layer: melt the coconut oil and cacao butter in a thick pot on low heat, then whisk in the rest of the ingredients until you have a lusciously smooth chocolate mixture.
- Spread half this mixture evenly into the bottom of a lined pan and put in the fridge. Set aside the remaining half to use in a moment.
- To make the mint layer: blend everything until smooth. Spread evenly over your chocolate layer in the pan, then finish by spreading the remaining chocolate over this. Leave in the fridge for at least a few hours and slice. If they stick around longer than a day and you keep them refrigerated overnight: I'd recommend letting them sit at room temperature for around 10-15 minutes before eating so they soften.