This Chocolate Blueberry Zucchini Smoothie is proof that you don’t have to add leafy greens to your smoothies in order to boost your glass with some green goodness! The zucchini is completely tasteless in this smoothie but gives it a really creamy, thick texture and adds a boost of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and vitamin B6. This recipe is vegan, gluten and dairy-free, and has no added sugar!
- 1 cup of unsweetened nut milk (RFR tip: preferably homemade and RAW)
- 1 cup of frozen zucchini cubes (see notes)
- ½ cup organic blueberries or wild blueberries
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- ½ a frozen ripe banana
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. raw cacao nibs (or more cacao powder)
- ½ cup cold, filtered water
- (optional: 2 tbsp. chocolate plant-based protein powder, superfood powders of choice, etc.)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend on low, the progress to high. If you have a Vitamix, use the tamper to help blend. If you don't have a high-speed blender, you may need to add a little more water... but not too much!
- Serve it with a spoon and top it off with some raw cacao nibs or sprinkle it with some raw cacao powder on top. Shredded coconut, almond slices, or chia seeds would also be great options for toppings.