If you want to go all out, make yourself some of these beauties! The combination of caramel, apples, chocolate, and the heat of chipotle is delicious and perfect for the season! These keep well in the fridge for a few weeks if they last that long…so you can save them and pull one out for a sweet indulgence when needed.
- 10 soft medjool dates, pitted (if not soft, soak them in filtered water 30 min. and drain before using)
- 2 Tbsp raw coconut butter, warmed to liquid
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp raw coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup filtered water (or more if too thick, add an additional Tbsp at a time)
- 1 cup chopped dried apples, soaked in filtered water for 15 minutes until soft and drained well.
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- a pinch of sea salt
- To make the caramel, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the chocolate, combine all ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Set out 12 PB cup tins (I use the large size, you can use smaller, but then adjust the filling measurements to your size). Fill the tins 1/4 full with chocolate. Place in the freezer until set, about 10 min.
- Take your filling, and spoon one mounded Tbsp into the center of each cup (you don't want it sticking up too far or it will poke out the top of the chocolate, so flatten it slightly.
- Top with remaining chocolate so it is even with the top of the cups. Place in the freezer to harden for about 15 minutes, and enjoy! Store in the fridge in an airtight container.