Overnight oats made with chia seeds and hemp for added protein and nutrition. Chia seeds are high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium), a good source of fiber and omega 3 essential fatty acids. They are so good for digestion, they help build muscle and help boost energy. Hemp seeds are a good source of protein and of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids. They are rich in manganese, vitamin #, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and iron. This is a delicious and fuss-free way to start the day!
Ingredients for overnight oats
- 350ml almond milk (about 2 cups)
- pinch of vanilla
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 TBSP hemp seeds
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
Ingredients for strawberry jam
- 2 cups strawberries
- pinch vanilla
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 TBSP chia seeds
- coconut yogurt, fresh strawberries, fresh mint, walnuts & cacao beans
- Add milk, vanilla and dates to a blender and blitz for 30 seconds until the dates are dissolved.
- Pour in a 1 L jar, add the chia, hemp and oats, put the lid on and shake. Place in the fridge.
- To make the jam, add the strawberries, vanilla and cinnamon to a blender and blitz until the strawberries are roughly blended but still a little chunky. Pour in a 500 ml jar.
- Add the chia seeds to the strawberries and mix very well. Put the lid on and refrigerate. After about 3-4 hours you can build your breakfast.
- Divide oats between 2 jars. Divide jam between 2 jars and pour on top of oats. Add 3-4 tablespoons on top of the jam in each jar. Add 3-4 tablespoons on top of the jam in each jar. Top with few walnuts, few chopped strawberries, few mint leaves and cacao beans. Refrigerate until needed. These will keep well in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 days.