Crunchy, cheesy, salty and smokey? Sold. These yummy kale chips are the perfect way to satisfying a chip craving the healthy way.
- 1 large or two small bunches of curly kale, I used the purple variety buy any will be fine!
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked for 4 hours and then strained and rinsed well raw cashews
- 1 large red capsicum chopped
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of tamari
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 1/2 a cup of filtered water
- Wash the kale and remove the hard stem before chopping it up into rough pieces.
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and blend on high until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the kale and massage well so that all the leaves are covered evenly.
- Spread the kale onto the reflex sheets of your dehydrator trays and dry until they chips are crunchy- around 12 hours.
- Store in an air tight container.