Dessert for breakfast might seem like a naughty way to start your day, but not when you’re talking about this Carrot Cake Overnight Oatmeal – it’s full of nutritional goodness! A satisfying breakfast packed full of chia seeds for protein & omega 3 fats, oats for fiber and slow-release carbs (hello flat belly!), apple and raisins for natural sweetness, and lots of warming spices like cinnamon, ginger and turmeric. An easy festive breakfast for Easter – or any time of the year!
- 1 ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 cup raw rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 small handful raisins
- 1 large sweet apple, sliced or cubed
- Cinnamon & sea salt, to taste
- Optional: ginger, turmeric & black pepper
- Toppings: non-dairy yogurt, nuts or seeds, granola… (I used coconut yogurt, sprouted walnuts & ALL GOOD power breakfast muesli granola)
- Put the rolled oats and chia seeds in two bowls or mason jars.
- Add cinnamon and sea salt to taste. Stir well with a spoon. If you like, you can add some grated ginger, turmeric and black pepper too.
- Add the shredded carrot, raisins and apple, and then pour the almond milk on top.
- Now you could add your other toppings, but I like to add these in the morning so they stay nice & crunchy. I used coconut yogurt, roughly chopped sprouted walnuts, and ALL GOOD power breakfast muesli granola.