Proper, quality chocolate is made from cacao, which is ground up cacao beans from the cacao tree. The trees, found in Central and South America produce large cacao pods as the fruiting body of the tree, which are then harvested, fermented and dried before being ground into a fine powder, or being used to extract cacao butter. As a plant, cacao is rich in magnesium and high in antioxidants. And when you leave it minimally processed and just enjoy it as a ground up plant, you get to properly satisfy your chocolate craving with healthy chocolate solutions that are simultaneously helping boost your adrenal system, reduce stress and improve muscle function. Yes, all from chocolate.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs in a blender or food processor and blend until the ingredients all come together in a clump. If the mixture seems crumbly, add an extra tablespoon of water.
- Once the mixture has stuck together, remove it from the processor and put in a bowl. Add the cacao nibs to the bowl and use your hands to work the nibs through the bars.
- Once the nibs are fully incorporated, line a square baking pan with parchment paper and press the mixture into the pan.
- Place in the fridge to harden overnight or for 3-4 hours.
- Once hardened, remove from the fridge and cut into squares. Store in a container in the fridge!