You’re probably hip to the health benefits of raw cacao (loads of antioxidants, tons of magnesium, minerals, Vitamin C, neurotransmitter-stimulating compounds like phenethylamine and anandamide – and if you weren’t, well, now you are!). While this recipe does include a nice dose of raw cacao love, it also features another outstanding, although less famous, superfood: baobab. Baobab fruit originates from Africa, and boasts an extensive list of health benefits, a few of which include exceptional ORAC levels (antioxidants galore!), high Vitamin C and calcium content, anti-inflammatory properties, immune-boosting benefits, and lots of digestion-loving soluble fiber. This recipe also contains beets, maca, and coconut oil for even more superfood goodness. Dessert has never felt so good!
- 1 cup organic raw cashew butter
- 4 organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup organic cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon organic baobab powder (from Vivapura Superfoods)
- 1 teaspoon organic maca powder
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1 teaspoon organic coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon organic beet juice (freshly juiced)
- Add all ingredients (EXCEPT the cacao nibs) to a food processor and process until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized bowl, add in the cacao nibs and gently stir them in.
- Take out a spoonful at a time, squeeze the mixture tightly in your fist several times until it is compact and shape it into a ball shape with your fingertips.
- Put them in the freezer for approximately 15 - 30 minutes, or until they harden then store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will become soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature. Enjoy!