Have you ever made a soup in under ten minutes? This blended soup is an excellent way to get instant nourishment without having to slave over the stove. Blending your greens ensures that the tough cell membranes are broken down for you so that you start energizing your body with the very first bite.
- 2 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & cored
- 1 lime, juiced (can use lemon)
- 1- 1½ cups water (adjust to desired consistency)
- ½ teaspoon Himilayan sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 1-3 hours* (optional)
- Additional sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Garnish with any combination of chopped vegetables, hemp seeds or dulse flakes.
- Blend the spinach and one cup of water.
- Slowly add in all the ingredients and blend until creamy & smooth.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for one hour. Enjoy