Do you love experiencing new health trends? Give this black charcoal smoothie a try! Charcoal has some great benefits – it is commonly used to remove toxins or even poison from the body. Keep in mind that, in its ability to remove the not-so-good things, charcoal can also prevent your body from absorbing nutrients if taken too often. So- use sparingly! And a little goes a long way! This is a bowl to enjoy every now and then as opposed to every day.
- 1 large frozen banana chopped
- 1 ripe persimmon chopped
- ¼ zucchini sliced
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- ¼- ½ teaspoon charcoal powder
- a few slices of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼- ½ cup coconut or almond milk
- Goji berries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Simply place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, adding enough milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings.