Looking for a thick and filling smoothie recipe that doesn’t call for banana? Look no further. This smoothie leaves the banana out, and instead swaps in avocado for creaminess, kiwi or peaches for body, a sunny kick from ginger and heaps and heaps of greens. The result is a glass of brilliant green, satisfying and nourishing smoothie, perfect for the start of the day. Enjoy!
- 1 small or ½ large avocado
- 3 ripe, sweet kiwi or peaches
- few handfuls green leafy vegetables - spinach, kale, chard, etc.
- freshly squeezed juice from ½ lemon
- fresh ginger root to taste
- purified water, to a smooth milkshake consistency
- ice cubes - optional, for creaminess
- Combine all the ingredients in an upright blender, adding about 1 cup of water at first, then adding more if needed to achieve a smooth, milkshake consistency. The smoothie keeps well refrigerated for up to 4 days.