Avocado, lime, mint, coconut oil and lucuma powder combine to create a creamy, tangy, fresh, smooth and absolutely gorgeous raw vegan ice cream. Think key lime pie and mojitos – only in ice cream form and with completely healthy, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan ingredients. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seed butter, or other seed - or nut butters such cashew butter - or almond butter
- 1 large lime, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tsp pure vanilla powder
- 1 tsp lucuma powder, can be ruled out
- 1 tsp Maca Powder, can be ruled out
- 2 1/2 tablespoons agave syrup
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- A few mint leaves, roughly 6-7 pieces
- Mint leaves
- coconut flakes
- Mix all the ingredients with a hand blender or in a food processor. Taste and have possibly more acidity or sweetness. Note that lime flavor will develop more the longer the batter stands, so if you are unsure if it is sufficiently acidic, I recommend you to wait 10-15 minutes and try again before possibly adding more juice or zest.
- Then run the ice cream in a ice cream machine* for about 30-40 minutes or until ice cream is frozen and creamy. I served my ice cream right out of the ice cream machine without setting it in the freezer, then it becomes as soft ice cream in texture. Of course you can freeze it and eat it later as well.