Have you ever used avocado in your smoothie? If you haven’t yet, you must. It adds such a lovely creaminess and makes your smoothie so much richer. It’s also so good for you – a powerful antioxidant, rich in vitamin C and good source of fiber, also contains folate, vitamins K and E and potassium. This smoothie is made with some of the best flavors known to man: berries, (frozen) banana and avocado. Triple fruit LOVE! It’s simple to make, super nutritious and requires little else but the main ingredients to get an amazingly delicious, indulgent, healthy treat. The rich and cool texture places this smoothie somewhere in between a beverage and a soft serve ice cream. Perfect for a hot summer’s day!
- 3 handfuls frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 1 frozen banana (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 avocado, flesh scooped out
- 3 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 cups water
- Topping of choice. I used chia seeds, mint and more berries.
- Chuck all to blender and blitz until you get it smooth. If you want to keep it chilled, ice cream like, don’t over-process.