Fresh salads are an absolute staple on any healthy diet. To keep things interesting don’t shy away from tossing in ingredients you might not think to include – such as dried or fresh fruits. That pop of sweet can really help balance out the greens and leave those taste buds wanting more. Enjoy this simple salad full of baby spinach, green apples, avocado, walnuts, cranberries and a very simple coconut vinaigrette with your next meal!
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 medium green apples, peeled, cored and sliced into small pieces
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar 'balsamic' style
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl then pour the dressing over the top when ready to serve.