A delicious save-the-fish style pate made with almonds and cashews, flavored with ginger and lemon. The orange salmon-like color comes from sweet carrots full of beta carotene. Use this pate inside nori rolls, lettuce wraps, and scooped on top of a bed of greens.
1 cup almonds
2 cups cashews
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 clove garlic
3 carrots, chopped
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice, from 1/2 lemon
4 sheets nori, or 8 sheets if too thin
4 cups spinach leaves, washed and dried
Soy Sauce or Nama Shoyu (raw) or Braggs (gluten-free)
1) To make filling, process almonds and cashews into a powder, and set aside.
2) Next, process ginger, garlic, carrots, onion, raisins, and salt into small pieces.
3) Add oil, lemon juice, powdered almonds and cashews, and process to mix well.
1) Wrap by placing nori sheets onto flat surface. Spread dry spinach leaves along bottom half.
2) Onto spinach, spread about 1/4 cup filling along edge closest to you. Roll up nori sheet.
3) Slice into 6 pieces using a sharp knife.
Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.