This cheesecake is the perfect blend of nuttiness and sweet, creamy coconut. The cream filling, when you first make it, tastes like a giant almond butter marshmallow so, yes, this dessert will pretty much blow your mind. If you’re feeling impatient you could also skip the cake-making part and turn the filling into a dessert pudding, topped with berries and chocolate. Whatever way you eat it, it’s almond butter + coconut + cheesecake so you really can’t go wrong!
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- In your food processor, combine the cashews, shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. Once the mixture becomes more fine, add the dates one at a time while the food processor is still on.
- Lightly oil two 4” spring form pans with coconut oil. Press the crust into the bottom of each pan.
- In your blender, combine all ingredients except for the coconut oil and blend on high until creamy.
- Add melted coconut oil and blend again for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into each pan and smooth out the top. Any leftover filling can be stored in a jar in your fridge!
- Place both cheesecakes in your freezer overnight. The next day, remove the cheesecakes from the freezer, wipe around the pan with a wet dishtowel and remove the cheesecakes from the molds.
- Place in your fridge to defrost (about 2 hours) and serve with your favorite toppings – we defrosted frozen berries and poured them on top for a AB&J-cheesecake!