Does your busy lifestyle leave you reaching for less than healthy options when you’re strapped for time? Before you rush out the door grab a container of this nutrient-packed activated energy mix – perfect for snacking. It’s delicious and will keep you feeling nourished and sustained with healthy fats and proteins from “activated” nuts and seeds paired with sweet and chewy dried fruits. By making your own mix you’ll save some money and also save your body from having to process and sort through the added sugars, oils, preservatives and fillers that are often found in store-bought trail mixes.
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of pepitas
- 1 cup of soaked dates (soak in warm water for 1/2 an hour and then strain)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of cranberries
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup of goji berries
- Mix everything well and store in a glass jar!
- Soak these 3 ingredients- sunflower, pepitas and walnuts- in filtered water for 4 hours and then rinse and strain well. While they soak, make up the wet component-
- Strain your dates and then mix all these ingredients in your blender until it forms a smooth date paste.
- Place your strained nuts and seeds in a bowl and add this date mix. Combined well, mixing with your hands to make sure everything is coated well.
- Spread the nut and seed mix onto dehydrator trays lined with your teflex sheets and dehydrate for 12 hours or until completely dry and crunchy- this could take longer.
- When the seeds and nuts are completely dry, place them in a bowl and break them up roughly and then add the rest of the ingredients-