An apple pie that looks THIS good with only 3 completely healthy ingredients?! Yep it’s true! If you are a lover of simple raw food recipes that don’t sacrifice flavor despite their minimalistic nature you will love this yummy dessert by Iselin Støylen of Vegetarian Taste.
6 large apples
2 pounds / 1 kg dates
1 tsp cinnamon
agave syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice) and sliced almonds (optional)
1) Start with slicing the apples in thin slices.
2) Add all of the dates and the cinnamon to a food processor and process until smooth and firm.
3) Spread about half of the dough out in a pie dish.
4) For the next layer add apple slices all over the pie ‘crust’.
5) Follow by a layer of date paste. Repeat this over and over again a few times till you run out of date paste.
6) Finish of with a layer of apples and then top with agave syrup and/or sliced almonds. Enjoy!