By Chef: Elenore Earthsprout
Posted: April 22, 2012
As you might have noticed there´s no Arborio rice for this risotto, nope. That is so passé. Lets turn to sprouted Buckwheat instead which is free from gluten and full of possibilities! This dish is packed with iron (parsley and vitamin C is a dream team!) and alkalizing properties, two things both our body and mind really could use today!
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 1/4 cup Tahini (You can use a Raw tahini but a roasted gives something extra to this dish)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 packages of saffron (depending on how strong you want the flavor to be)
- 1.5 dessertspoon of raw honey
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Aprox 4 hands filled with fresh parsley
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- zest from 1.5 lemon
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 3-4 dessertspoons of Olive oil
- Blackpepper & salt to taste
Soak 1/2 cup organic peeled buckwheat over night. In the morning put it in a some kind of drainer (still over a bowl) and rinse 2-3 times a day. It is ready when there is a small tail on the grains, a process that could take only a day in this heat.
Mix the ingredients by hand or in a small mixer until it has a creamy texture. Add more/less tahini/water/oil until desired result. Pour over the buckwheat and let it stand for 30 minutes (or do this in the morning)
Enjoy this dream team while I head off to Africa and Marocco for a few days. I´m looking forward to come back with new energy, impressions and lot´s of ideas!