By Chef: Christian Bates
Posted: September 22, 2012
This recipe really does taste like that thick mashed pinto bean dish we all love or have loved. Now you can experience the far more beautifying, living Superfood version – the perfect addition to a salad or a night of raw mexican cuisine! This recipe has the option of adding in some of the immuno-modulating and mood-lifting medicinal mushroom extracts, so if you have some, be sure to put them in.
- 2 1/2 Cups Organic Sunflower Seeds, soaked
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cold-Pressed Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Tomatoes or Sweet Pepper of choice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sesame Tahini
- 1 heaping teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seed or Dried Chipotle
- 1 medium-sized garlic clove, peeled
OPTION: 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Reishi or Cordyceps Mushroom Extract Powder
Blend in a food processor until creamy, usually a few minutes of blending.
Serve with a large raw salad made with garden or farmers market greens, or make as a snack scooped with celery or your favorite raw crackers.