By Chef: Ulyana Michailov
Posted: October 30, 2012
These white chocolate mint bliss balls are soft and melt in your mouth gooey. Fresh mac nuts and shredded coconut combines with melted cacao butter, soft dates, vanilla extract and the secret ingredient that really elevates this recipe to the next level: therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil! Peppermint oil has a soothing, cooling, and mildy stimulating effect on the digestive system and what better way to get the benefits than from a sweet bliss ball!
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup macadamia kernels
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops food grade peppermint oil (adding fresh peppermint leaves is optional)
- tiny pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
1. In a food processor blend the dates, macadamia’s, vanilla, mint and salt until combined and slowly add the melted cacao butter. Then add the desiccated coconut in last so it holds its form well, it should be a slightly sticky dough consistency. Taste test to ensure you have added enough mint, be careful not to add too much.
2. Roll it into teaspoon sized balls and roll into coconut. Allow to chill in the fridge if the weather is warm otherwise keep them out on the table and watch them disappear!
**The peppermint oil brand I use is Young Living, it has a therapeutic effect on the digestive tract- very soothing and stimulating for your digestion.