By Chef: Kelly Fielding
Posted: July 30, 2015
One of the biggest tips for staying away from processed foods is to always have something homemade in the fridge for a healthy snack or pick-me-up. These snack bars are similar to a muesli bar but have a real chocolately undertone from the cacao butter. With the addition of matcha powder, these healthy treats are incredibly energizing, satisfying and full of goodness!
- 3/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- A good pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Powder
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated orange zest
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1 cup raw shredded coconut
- 1 cup raw flaked almonds (or use ground almonds)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- In a small saucepan melt down the cacao butter and coconut oil until it is liquid and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, coconut, almonds and sunflower seeds. Mix well and set aside.
- When the cacao butter and coconut oil has cooled slightly, add them to your blender with the strained and rinsed cashews, salt, coconut nectar, matcha powder, ginger and orange zest.
- Blend until completely smooth, you may need to add a touch of almond milk to make sure it blends properly.
- Pour this blended mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mix into a shallow slice tin lined with baking paper and refrigerate for an hour or two.