By Chef: Andrew Olson
Posted: May 31, 2018
This tastes just like the processed treat – but it’s so much better for you! See if you can trick your friends into thinking they’re not vegan!
You can find the original recipe HERE
- About 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink crystal salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- Soak macadamias with cashews in warm water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the soaking water and combine the nuts with 5 medjool dates in a food processor.
- Blend until the nuts and dates are completely broken down and incorporated into a firm consistency.
- Divide evenly between 10-12 cupcake liners and press down until the nougat evenly covers the bottoms of the liners.
- Add almond butter and 6-7 dates to the food processor and process until combined.
- Add salt and vanilla and pulse until smooth.
- Divide evenly and press down into the nougat layer.
- Combine 6 large dates in the food processor with coconut butter and cacao powder.
- Blend until smooth and add on top of the nougat/caramel layers.
Freeze until you’re ready to eat!