By Chef: Crystal Bonnet
Posted: September 1, 2016
Raw, vegan pumpkin pie made with real pumpkin and topped with coconut whipped cream. Ok, it may only be the beginning of September but there’s no harm in getting started early, right?
- 4 dates, soaked and pitted
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 5 dates, soaked
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- dash of salt
- Process dates, almonds, oats, coconut oil, salt and cinnamon in the food processor with an S Blade and process until combined, forming a dough.
- Add shredded coconut to the food processor at the last few seconds until combined.
- Line the bottom of a 4″ spring form pan with parchment paper or saran wrap.
- Firmly press dough into the pan forming a deep dish crust covering the entire pan.
- Place the spring form pan in the freezer to set while making the filling.
- Peel pumpkin with a sharp knife, cut in four squares, remove innards and seeds with a spoon, and cut into cubes.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove crust from freezer and fill crust with pumpkin pie filling.
- Serve right away for place back in freezer for 15 min. to set.
The pumpkin filling recipe makes enough for 2 servings so you may want to double the crust recipe. You can also add the extra filling to smoothies, overnight oats or chia pudding! Yum!