By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: March 21, 2018
These brownies are raw, vegan, and completely nut-free which is rare for a recipe like this. They’re dense and chocolatey with a sweet velvety frosting and have just the right amount of matcha flavor.
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup pitted packed dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 3-4 teaspoons water (depending on the moisture level of the dates)
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha
- Process the seeds and coconut down to fine crumbs in a food processor.
- Add the dates, raisins, cacao, and matcha. Process until all ingredients are ground down and combined.
- Add the water, starting with 2 teaspoons. I used 4. Make sure the mixture easily holds together when pressed in your hand (the dough is a bit different than using nuts).
- Press into the bottom of a 9×5″ bread pan.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Spread over the brownies.
- Freeze for 2 hours until firm or set in the fridge for at least 5 hours to firm up. Slice. Drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.