By Chef: Heather Pace
Posted: September 12, 2017
Squeeze the last bit of juice out of summer with this raw, vegan, gluten-free, crumble recipe featuring two summery favorites: fresh strawberry and mango. Serve up a slice with a scoop of vanilla or banana ice cream and prepare yourself for pure bliss.
- 1 cup raw cashews (whole or pieces)
- 1/2 cup pitted, packed medjool dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 mango or 1 cup diced peaches
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- 3 cups diced mango
- In a food processor, grind all ingredients together into a crumbly, yet moist texture.
- If you want the mixture to hold together better, add 1-2 teaspoons of water. *To keep it full raw, grind oat groats in a coffee grinder and measure out 1/2 cup. Otherwise grind oat flakes in a food processor. OR buy it (which I do occasionally).
- Puree the 1 mango or peaches in a food processor until smooth.
- Toss the puree with the remaining diced fruit in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of an 8”x8” pan or 9″x 9″ pan.
- Evenly spread the crumble on top. Serve immediately, chill for a few hours, or dehydrate for a few hours until warm.