By Chef: Ulyana Michailov
Posted: November 5, 2012
If gloomy fall weather has you feeling a little less than cheery this recipe may very well be your remedy! This cheesecake by Ulyana Michailov is like sunshine and joy in a pie pan! Enjoy the silky texture of young coconut, cashews, irish moss and fresh mango paired with an almond coconut crust.
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups soaked cashew kernels
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup lucuma powder (optional superfood)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or young Thai coconut (optional)
- 1 1/2 ripe mangos chopped + 1 mango sliced for decoration
- 3/4 cup agave or maple or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1) In a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the base until it form a nice dough and is broken down to the texture you prefer.
2) Press the dough evenly into the base of a spring form pan, I used a 10 inch. Set aside.
3) In a high powered blender, process the cashews, coconut oil and cream, agave, vanilla and chopped mango until it is creamy. **
4) Pour the filling into the base and place it in the fridge to set, best over night.
For decoration I used sized mango and passion fruit plus a coconut cream using the magical ingredient, Irish moss- Sweet Gratitude inspired!
**You can test the mixture at this point by spooning a tablespoon into a container and setting it in the fridge for 15 minutes. If you can cut the filling cleanly then it’s perfect. if not then add an extra couple of tablespoons of coconut oil. I always add extra in my recipes to avoid that problem.
I love this hobbie…