By Chef: Ulyana Michailov
Posted: April 30, 2013
Everyone loves mangos, doesn’t they? Mangos are delicious and refreshing fruits, they have several key nutrients: vitamins C, A, E, potassium, iron and copper. Ulyana Michailov by Kitchen Fairy introduced us a delicious Raw Vegan Mango Magic Cheesecake. Everyone would love it! Enjoy!
Yield: 1 cake
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups soaked cashew kernels
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup lucuma powder (optional superfood)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or young Thai coconut (optional)
- 1 1/2 ripe mangos chopped + 1 mango sliced for decoration
- 3/4 cup agave or maple or coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the base until it form a nice dough and is broken down to the texture you prefer.
2. Press the dough evenly into the base of a spring form pan, I used a 10 inch. Set aside.
3. In a high powered blender, process the cashews, coconut oil and cream, agave, vanilla and chopped mango until it is creamy. **
4. Pour the filling into the base and place it in the fridge to set, best over night.
5. For decoration I used sized mango and passion fruit plus a coconut cream using the magical ingredient, Irish moss- Sweet Gratitude inspired!