By Chef: Marina Yanay-Triner
Posted: April 12, 2016
If you’ve shied away from using avocado in sweet recipes, you really should give this dessert a try. Avocado is the reason why these tarts have such a heavenly texture: perfectly silky and creamy…divine. The flavor of avocado is masked by the sweetness of maple syrup and the refreshingly light, delicate flavor or meyer lemon. Allergic to nuts? This recipe is entirely nut-free, with a crust made 100% from dates and mulberries. Enjoy!
- 30 small dates
- 1/3 cup dried white mulberries
- 1 large soft avocado
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- Juice of ½ meyer lemon (you can substitute for any other type of lemon or lime)
- ¼ cup of water, or just enough for blending
- Top with: meyer lemon zest
- Process the pitted dates and mulberries until they form a ball in your food processor.
- Take it out of the food processor and press down into a tart-pan. I used a 6 mini-hearts tart pan, and the amount was perfect. Leave room for the filling.
- Blend all filling ingredients until smooth, and layer on top of the crust in your tarts. Place int he freezer overnight.