By Chef: Christine Roseberry
Posted: March 2, 2016
For all of you fries lovers this one is for you. No greasy fat coming out of the pores after eating them. No worries or guilt about the added calories, no frying oil, no heart clogging ingredients. These fries actually feed your body! That is the beauty of raw foods, since they are not heated their vitamins, minerals and most important enzymes stay in tact nourishing your body bite by bite. The spices in the recipe can really all be to taste, so add or subtract as you like. They can also be substituted with any spice of your choice.
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into fries
- 1-2 tablespoons high-quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- (optional) cilantro to garnish
- Peel the jicama and cut into fries
- Mix in the oil and spices
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or other herb
These seasonings are all to taste. Depending on how big the jicama is you may need to add more spices according to your taste. Each time I make it the measurements have to be adjusted a little different. Also, for substitution for jicama you can use daikon.