By Chef: Aziz Bey
Posted: August 28, 2017
Donuts are perhaps one of the most sinfully decadent of treats, especially given that they’re often enjoyed first thing in the morning as a breakfast stand-in. However, they certainly don’t have to be packed full of refined flours, sugars, and deep fried oils. And yes, they can even be raw, gluten-free, and vegan. If it sounds a little too good to be true, you obviously haven’t yet tried these raw vegan donuts complete with a chocolate glaze and white chocolate drizzle. Enjoy!
For the dough
- 100g raw cashews
- 100g whole raw almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp bitter almond extract
- 4 dried figs
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 120ml water
- 80g coconut flour
For the chocolate glazing
- 50g raw cacao powder
- 70g agave syrup
- 70g raw cacao butter
White chocolate decoration
- 35g soaked cashew nuts rinsed and sieved
- 45ml vegan milk of your choice
- 40g agave syrup
- 30g raw cacao butter
- Mix all the dough ingredients in a Magimix.
- Place the dough into the moulds and press thorougly.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the ganache in a mixing bowl.
- De-mould carefully each donut.
- Carefully glaze each donut and rest on a tray.
- In a personal blender, mix all the ingredients for the white chocolate.
- Place in a squeezy bottle while still runny.
- Decorate your donuts with the white chocolate.
- Cool down or place in the fridge on a summer’s day.
- Serve at room temperature.