By Chef: Gena Hemshaw
Posted: January 8, 2015
Who doesn’t love snacking on cheesy crackers? These crackers are guaranteed to be a hit for most with their delectable rosemary-infused cheesy flavor and crispy-light texture. They’re so easy to make too!
Yield: 35 (or so)
- 2 cups Almonds, soaked overnight and drained
- 4 tbsp ground flax meal
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more, to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 cup water (adjust as needed)
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Place almonds, flax meal, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse to combine.
- Turn the motor on and drizzle in 1/2 cup water. Process for a minute or two, stopping to scrape the bowl down. Add more water as needed, until the mixture is easily spreadable (not liquidy, but not at all pasty, either).
- Spread mixture onto a single, Teflex-lined dehydrator sheet.
- Dehydrate at 115-118 degrees for four hours. Score into cracker shapes, and dehydrate for another 8 hours, or overnight. Break crackers apart, flip them over, and dehydrate for one more hour. Makes 35 (or so) crackers.