By Chef: Priscilla Soler
Posted: March 27, 2018
Are you ready for some INCREDIBLE raw vegan caramel brownies? You won’t believe how good these turn out – a perfect treat to share with even non-raw eating friends and family.
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups almonds or 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1-2 tbsp water if necessary
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, agave or coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Start with the crust by putting all the ingredients on a high-speed blender or food processor until sticky, add the water if needed. Transfer brownie to a square pan with parchment paper and spread until you cover all edges, try to make it even on all sides.
- For the caramel fudge start by blending the almond butter, maple and vanilla. Add the melted coconut oil until smooth and creamy. Pour over brownie mixture and freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, cut in squares and enjoy! You can sprinkle a bit of cinnamon or chopped almonds.