By Chef: Marina Yanay-Triner
Posted: April 20, 2017
When you go raw vegan, there may be a few things you miss. Bread could be one of them. The moist, soft base to your favorite sauce or spread. You may thing that there is no longer a way to enjoy that delicious texture in your mouth. Until now. This raw vegan bread recipe resembles bread so much that you will never miss cooked bread ever again. Try it smothered with your favorite spread, or as is with a raw soup or salad combo. Enjoy!
- 1 whole cauliflower (about 9 cups)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- 4 teaspoons smoked sea salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- Put zucchini in your food processor, and pulse until completely broken down.
- Add cauliflower (preferably chop beforehand for easier processing).
- Pulse a few times until well combined. You do not need to bring it down completely — the cauliflower pieces are delicious inside of the bread slices.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (and mill the chia seeds in the coffee grinder right before adding).
- Process to incorporate.
- Form mixture into bread slices on your dehydrator sheets (see video for how to do this). The mixture will be jelly, so it will be very easy to do. Use your spatula to do this.
- Dehydrate for 6-7 hours. If you want 1 side to be soft, 6 hours is enough. You can also flip the slices half-way through. Smother with your favorite vegan sauce and enjoy.