By Chef: Ulyana Michailov
Posted: February 25, 2013
Make 1 big, beautiful rainbow cheesecake or lots of little mini cheesecakes with this divine and ultra colorful recipe by Ulyana Michailov of Kitchen Fairy. She uses macadamia nuts for their rich flavor and high oil content, making for a truly decadent experience. Source out the freshest macadamia nuts you can find as this will make a big difference in the result. Mac nuts are rich in monounsaturated fats and nutrients such as thiamin, manganese, magnesium and copper, and are a special treat that taste oh-so-delicious!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 cup unsoaked macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons agave, maple or coconut nectar (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (one batch)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (second batch)
Method for the base…
1. In a food processor blend the almonds, dates, vanilla, salt and coconut until well combined and to the texture you desire.
2. Sprinkle the bottom of the spring form pan with 1 tablespoon of dried coconut and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the base.
Method for the filling…
1. Using a high-speed blender add half of the ingredients; 1 cup macadamias, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 cup mixed berries, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp stevia extract untill fully emulsified.
2. Pour mixture into a separate container and blend the second batch this time using the lemon juice.
3. Spoon each mixture into the prepared spring form pan, being careful not to blend the white filling with the pink one.
4. Once it is filled to the brim, allow the mixture to settle into a flat surface and use a skewer to create a subtle pattern between the colours. There are no rules, just make a swirl!
5. Place in the refrigerator to set for 6-8 hours and decorate with fresh berries before serving.