By Chef: Jessica Petrovic
Posted: September 11, 2014
Is a healthy treat or quick afternoon pick me up in order? Try these delectable Vanilla Goji Bliss Balls by Jessica Petrovic of Inner City Hippie! The combination of coconut, vanilla bean, goji berry and lemon proves to be an absolutely irresistible trifecta of yumminess and they also happen to be low glycemic too! Enjoy!
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 lemon juice, plus rind
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- 1 to 2 tbsp. of gojis
- 1/3 cup of coconut nectar (you could also use maple syrup or rice malt syrup)
- 1 pinch salt
1. In a food processor, blend cashews, coconut, half of the gojis and salt until a fine flour.
2. Whilst the blender is on add the lemon juice, rind, the coconut nectar, vanilla essence until you reach a dough like consistency.
3. Add the other half of gojis for crunch and blend for a further minute.
4. Roll the mixture into 50 cent size balls. Store in fridge until firm, approx. 15 mins