By Chef: Heidi Turunen
Posted: February 27, 2013
This delicious Raw Tuna Salad is an easy way to get lunch or dinner on the table fast. It includes walnuts, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, and dill – a good source of vitamins A, C, K, iron and fiber. Eating raw vegetables and nuts will keep you feeling better, become healthier and live longer. Thank you to Sarah McMinn by The Sweet Life for this great recipe!
- 2 cups walnuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup dill
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine walnuts, carrots, tahini, and lemon juice in a food processor or powerful blender and combine it forms a rough paste. Depending on the strength of your processor, you may need to do this is two batches. Scrape mixture into a large bowl.
2. In the same processor combine chopped celery, onions, garlic, parsley, and dill and pulse a few times until vegetables are blended to a small dice.
3. Add to walnut carrot mixture and combine with a spatula. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.