By Chef: Ulyana Michailov
Posted: November 7, 2013
A truly elegant raw cake by Ulyana Michailov of Forest Faery featuring roses and fresh lemon! The crust is a sweet and simple combination of pistachios, coconut, green sultanas and vanilla. The filling is a rich and luxurious merging of raw cashews, coconut oil, strawberries, rose petals and lemon zest, juice and essential oil. The entire cake is then topped with a generous drizzling of decadent white chocolate cacao butter ganache. You will be transformed with each heavenly bite!
Yield: 1 medium size springform pan
- 2.5 cups cashews, soaked
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh Rose Petals!
- 1/4 cup fresh Strawberries, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon + zest
- 2 tbs Rosewater
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (optional)
- 1- 3 tbsp water (optional & extra in case mixture needs thinning)
White Chocolate Topping:
- 3/4 cup chopped cacao butter
- 1/8 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
1) In a food processor blend cashews, pistachios, sultanas, vanilla and salt until broken down into a sticky ‘dough’ and evenly line the base of a medium sized spring form pan.
1) In a high-speed power blender add the cashews, liquid sweetener, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla, rosewater, lemon essential oil and blend into a cream.
2) Once blended into a cream (using extra water if needed) fold in the rose petals, lemon zest and chopped strawberries and pour into the base.
3) Set in the fridge overnight or between 4-6 hours.
1) Chocolate is best melted in a metal bowl over a saucepan filled 1/3 with water.
2) Over low heat melt the cacao butter, liquid sweetener, vanilla and salt together and stir consistently so as to emulsify the cacao butter and sweetener.
3) Keep stirring quickly and when combined take off the heat and continue stirring. You can fill a sink with water and stir vigorously over the cool water to quicken this process. Allow the mixture to thicken and whiten before using it.
4) Pour over the set cake, decorate with rose petals, pistachio nuts and place back into the fridge ready to be eaten.