By Chef: Elenore Earthsprout
Posted: December 31, 2015
This is a recipe that requires some love and attention due to its three layers and chilling time in the freezer. This is why it’s perfect to create these for a special someone (includes yourself!) and really infuse ‘em in goodness and high vibes. For an all the way through low glycemic treat, use rice malt syrup or such in place of the dates in the carmel layer. If so, you may need to add some almond flour or the like to make it less runny.
Yield: 8 bars
- 1/2 cup | 50g finely chopped cacao butter (you could sub for virgin coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup | 25g raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- pinch good quality salt
- 5 drops Stevia / 1 tbsp powdered coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup | 80g cashew butter (make your own by blending 2 cups cashew nuts in your food processor until a butter-like consistency is formed).
- 1/3 cup | 25g almond flour
- pinch salt
Caramel Peanut Layer
- 1/2 heaped cup | 150g pitted dates (around 7-10 dates depending on size)
- 1/2 cup | 45g wild jungle peanuts (preferably) or organic high quality unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 tsp raw maca powder, optional but delicious & adds lots of nutrients
- a tiny sprinkle good quality salt
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, remove from heat. Add all ingredients to a bowl that you can let sit on top of the saucepan until all the cacao butter has melted. Combine with a spatula and set aside
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl using a fork.
- Roll the Cream ‘dough’ into a roll with your hands and divide in 8.
- Make little rectangles of each cream piece, put onto a baking sheet and let sit in the freezer while you make the Caramel Peanut Layer.
Caramel Peanut Layer
- Add all ingredients except the peanuts to a small bowl and blend by using and immersion blender until smooth.
- Add the chopped up peanuts and combine with a spoon. Set aside. NOTE: if you wish, you could lightly toast the raw peanuts in a dry hot skillet before using them in the recipe.
- Once the cream rectangles are chilled (5 minutes in the freezer is good) spoon over small amounts of the raw chocolate until covered on one side. Pop into the freezer for a minute or so
- Bring out the raw chocolate covered cream rectangles again, cut around the edges of the cream-base so the chocolate doesn’t stick to the paper when you flip them over. Flip over so that the chocolate covered side is down and smear 1-2 tbsp worth of Caramel Peanut onto the Cream Base. Pop into the freezer for a minute or so
- Bring out the Snickers Bars from the freezer and spoon over raw chocolate until covered while holding the bar with your hand over the bowl of raw chocolate (it will drip!). Top with a little sprinkle of chopped up peanuts and flaky sea salt. Store in fridge if you plan to eat within a few days or put in the freezer for a longer storing time.
- Also.. ehm, are you (and your love target) prepared for a major chocolate bliss orgasm? You better be.