By Chef: Elenore Earthsprout
Posted: December 15, 2012
Raw dehydrated smoky mushroom are an excellent addiction to soups and salads.
- 4 cups field mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 small handful of fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- a pinch of chili
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 lemon, the juice
- 4 tbsp water
1. Put all ingredients except mushrooms in a high speed blender (or use and immersion blender) and mix until you have a creamy sauce.
2. Pour the sauce over your sliced mushrooms, stir with a spoon/spatula and make sure they are all covered with sauce.
3. If you have a dehydrator, spread the mushrooms over a teflex sheet and dry overnight. If not, bake or dry them in your regular oven. Either way I promise you, they will turn out delicious.