By Chef: Justin and Heidi Ohlander
Posted: September 29, 2010
A tangy, refreshing, and exotic fruit salad using tropical fruits.
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 pound strawberry
- 2 large green kiwi, peeled
- Seeds from two whole passion fruit
- Mint leaves
- With a sharp knife, remove the skin of the pineapple. Cut the pineapple into square cubes, or triangle shapes. Set aside in a medium mixing bowl.
- Using your knife, peel the skin of the kiwi fruit. Slice the kiwi horizontally into ¼ inch slices. Set aside.
- Hull the strawberries and cut into small pieces. Place in the mixing bowl and combine with the pineapple.
- Place the kiwi fruit inside the sides of a glass salad bowl.
- Pour the pineapple and strawberries into the bowl.
- Slice the passion fruits and place the seeds on top of the salad.
- Garnish with fresh mint. Serve immediately.