By Chef: Tiasha Slana
Posted: November 22, 2016
These persimmon coconut bars are pure delight! The combination of persimmons and young coconut is just divine. And coconut meat balances out the sweetness of persimmons so it’s just a perfect combo.
Yield: 7×10 inch pan
- 1 cup dates
- ½ coconut flakes
- 1 tsp carob/cacao powder
- 1.5 c young coconut meat
- 5 Medjool dates
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1¾ cup (240 g) persimmons without pits and peels
- In the food processor mix dates until they almost start to stick together. Then add coconut flakes and carob or cacao powder and mix again until well incorporated.
- Combine all the ingredients for the coconut cream in the high-speed blender and blend until creamy.
- Mix in the blender for about 30 seconds. It will become really thick, with a pudding-like consistency.
- Blend in the high-speed blender until creamy.