By Chef: Alex Malinsky
Posted: November 14, 2012
You can definitely eat several of these delicious, chewy cookies without guilt, be totally satisfied and feel great to boot! These raw peanut butter chocolate chip cookies make the perfect midnight snack or a healthy after school treat for children.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup oats (for gluten-free cookies, use gf oats)
- 1/4 cup raw jungle peanut or almond butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 batch of *Three-IngredientChocolate Bar
*This chocolate recipe is from the healthy dessert blog, Chocolate Covered Katie, a great raw alternative for baking chocolate or chocolate chips.
1. Prepare the Three-Ingredient Chocolate Bar according to CCK’s instruction. Freeze while preparing the cookies.
2. In a food processor blend dates until smooth. Add walnuts and blend once again until smooth.
3. Add nut butter, oats, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon and process until well combined. Transfer into small bowl. The dough should hold together when pressed without being sticky. If the dough doesn’t hold together, add water one teaspoon at time.
4. Pull the chocolate from the freezer and cut into small pieces with a sharp knife. Fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough. Divide dough into pieces about 2 Tbsp big. Roll cookies into balls and press down with a fork.
Let cookies set up in refrigerator for one hour. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.