By Chef: Selene Vakharia
Posted: September 12, 2012
Selene says, “the crust’s ingredients combine for a caramel-y and candied pecan flavour. Cinnamon and nutmeg blend perfectly with the juices of the peaches, creating a naturally sweet spiced syrup.” Now if that doesn’t sound terrific ….Check out the ice cream section of the recipe site for ideas on raw vegan ice cream to go along with your pie.
Yield: 1, 8 inch springform pan
- 1c pecans
- 1/4c — 1/3c dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch, sea salt
- 4 peaches, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1) In food processor, blend pecans with cinnamon and sea salt until crumbly.
2) Add dates, starting at 1/4c and blend. Add dates as needed until doughy consistency is reached (i.e. the mixture sticks together).
3) press into pan
4) chill in fridge 1-2 hours
1) mix all ingredients together in a bowl until peaches are well and evenly coated with the spices.
2) spoon into crust
3) serve topped with almond cream
serving suggestion: in a springform pan, form dough into a base (1/4″-1/2″); chill in fridge 1-2hours. Remove from pan and spread peach slices evenly on top.