By Chef: Vanessa Vickery
Posted: February 1, 2017
Did you know that you can use food grade essential oils to bring flavor and life (and medicinal benefits!) to your raw food desserts? In this raw cheesecake recipe, a few drops of pure lime essential oil brings a crisp, bright citrus flavor, as well as an uplifting and energizing effect to the body.
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 6 medjool dates
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup macadamias, preferably soaked overnight or minimum 4 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 drops food grade lime essential oil (or 1/4 cup lime juice)
- Zest of 2 limes, grated
- 1/4 cup water
- Lime zest or lime wedges
- Process the base ingredients in your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix until it resembles crumbs and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon mixture into a 24 mini muffin pan and press down with the back of a teaspoon.
- Add the cheesecake ingredients to your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix and process until smooth. Add to the bases and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon and place into the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Top with either grated lime zest or lime wedges
Note: Keep stored in the freezer in an airtight container