By Chef: Vanessa Vickery
Posted: January 26, 2017
These raw mini carrot cake bites are the perfect recipe to kick off your healthiest year yet! A yummy carrot cake made with a base of fresh carrot, almonds, dates, and coconut, paired with a macadamia nut frosting. Total bliss!
Carrot Cake Base
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup macadamias, preferably soaked for a few hours
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Water, as needed
- Finely shredded carrot
- To make the base: chop the carrot into small pieces and then add to your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix with the other base ingredients and process until it resembles crumbs and sticks together when pressed.
- Spoon mixture into a 24 mini muffin pan and press down with the back of a teaspoon.
- To make the frosting: process all the frosting ingredients in your food processor/high speed blender/thermomix until smooth, adding in some water as needed.
- Add to the bases and smooth over with the back of a teaspoon and place into the freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
- Top with the walnuts and some finely shredded carrot.
Note: Keep stored in the freezer in an airtight container