By Chef: Alex Malinsky
Posted: January 25, 2013
Tangy, sweet, creamy and full of citrusy zest, this is a healthy raw vegan version of traditional English lemon curd by Sarah McMinn of The Sweet Life! The options are endless with this recipe! Use as a filling for tarts or crepes topped with fresh berries, as a topping for waffles, or serve a dollop or two along with a fruit salad for breakfast.
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- zest of one large lemon
- 3-4 tbsp raw agave nectar, to taste
- pinch of salt
- pinch of turmeric, for color (optional)
1. Drain and rinse cashews. Place in a food processor or Vitamix blender. Add coconut butter, lemon juice, and water. Blend until completely smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.